About Exploring Buddhism
The Life and Teachings of the Buddha
The Four Noble Truths are the foundational teachings of the Buddha, the first teachings after Buddha achieved enlightenment in Bodhgaya under the Bodhi Tree.
~ Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
Registration is Closed
Registration will open on August 10, 2016, one month prior to the start of the course.
Though the Buddha lived roughly 2,500 years ago, his life and teachings are as relevant today as ever. The Buddha was born into a life of luxury and privilege, but saw that material prosperity alone cannot solve all of life’s problems. Acutely aware of the chronic dissatisfaction that often plagues the human mind, he devoted his life to understanding the causes of suffering and how to uproot these causes through meditation, insight, and leading a life of non-violence. This class explores the Buddha’s life and his core teachings, showing the relevance of his timeless teachings to the fast-paced lifestyle of the modern world.
- Course fee: $99 ($75 for seniors/full-time students/monastics)
- Course Length: 6 Weeks
- Start Date: September 7, 2016
- End Date: October 18, 2016
- Instructor: Cortland Dahl
Who can attend this course?
This course is open to everyone and is a foundational course in Tergar's Exploring Buddhism curriculum
What will I learn in this course?
In this course we will cover:
- An Introduction to the Life and Teachings of the Buddha
- The Buddha’s Early Years and the First Noble Truth
- The Pursuit of Insight and the Second Noble Truth
- The Dawn of Enlightenment and the Third Noble Truth
- Turning the Wheel of Dharma and the Fourth Noble Truth
What does the course include?
This class features:
- Weekly video teachings and readings by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and other Buddhist teachers
- Weekly audio recordings and course discussion forum with senior Tergar instructors Cortland Dahl and Edwin Kelley
- Live Webinar events with senior Tergar instructor Cortland Dahl
About the Exploring Buddhism Program
Exploring Buddhism is a multi-year study program that covers the core teachings of the Three Vehicles of Tibetan Buddhism: the Foundational Vehicle, the Great Vehicle, and the Vajra Vehicle. These teachings address the full spectrum of Buddhist thought and practice, starting with teachings on the Four Noble Truths and leading up to the philosophy of Buddhist Tantra.
NOTE: You must register for this site, activate your account by clicking a link in your email and log-in before you can register for this course.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
If you are already registered on Tergar Learning please log-in